Saturday, December 4, 2010

Slumber Party

Last night was a night of fun and friends. Romy got to host her first slumber party For. It was a first for Roe and all of her friends, but they're in 4th grade and they're getting to that age.
  

They were so loud, but they had so much fun.
Roe loved that her friends thought she had the coolest bedroom ever.
It's set up a lot like dormitory- we gave the girls the biggest room in the house when we moved here so they all had plenty of room.
It is perfect for sleepovers, plus they have a DVD player and cable TV in there.

We did spa treatments with manicures and facials. When Emma and Kate got here they did makeovers for everyone and by "everyone" I mean EVERYONE.


They all giggled and sweet talked Matt into letting them give him a makeover as well.

He's such a good sport.
I love you, Matt.
Grey also had a friend over and he and Jared jumped on the trampoline in the freezing cold snow.

After a night filled with giggling and running girls, nail polish spilled on the living room carpet, soda exploding, Domino's Pizza and Christmas DVD's Matt and I can pat ourselves on the back for being super parents. 

What we are NOT is super pet owners.
I have all but HAD IT with this dog.

I get that she is more bored in the winter but I may actually kill this stupid dog. Twice yesterday she ran out the front door into other neighborhoods and across busy streets. While I was at the school, she got into my room and into my closet and helped herself to some of the candy I had set aside for stockings. The irony of her eating 2 bags of  "Coal" is not lost on me. naughty dog. 
She also climbed on my bed and ate the half bowl of popcorn I had sitting there from the night before. 
She also pooped on Emma's bed.
She also ate my camera manual.
I've had it.
We brought the big crate in and we're also going to start doing some aversion type stuff at the front door to get her to stop being such a rotten beast.

1 comment:

Andie said...

I am not an indoor dog person, but we have had ours for a year an a half. The longest yet!~ But our rule is.... When we are not home the dog is in her kennel. She is outside alot on her chain when the kids are at school, when everyone is home for the day she is allowed in the family room and the living room but bedrooms are OFF limits! And she must be walked nightly. Hope this helps some. Best of luck!
LOVE the NEW you Matt! You are such a great daddy!