Monday, May 21, 2012

Saltair

Today is a hard day.
Last week I felt ready to roll and this week, I'm clinging to the ground trying to prevent time from taking me away from those I love here in Utah.


Even though today is a tough day, the weekend was really good. 

We spoke in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and my Parker and my sweet in-laws all surprised us by attending. I spoke about service, Matt spoke about being your best self. I read from my pages and tried to not look up at all those I loved looking back at me, Matt played a lot of it by ear and it always amazes me when I look at him in his element. he's an amazing husband, the best. He is an incredible father and even though we have our share of hardships. I still have to pinch myself all of the time to make sure I'm not dreaming and I really get to spend eternity with this guy. When he speaks in public, the guy is a superstar. 
I'm a good public speaker, I even enjoy it, but I have to stick to my script. Matt can jot down 3 or 4 concepts on a page and he gets up there and just blows me away. He is truly a gifted speaker and I love hearing his share his thoughts and testimony with others. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished since we met, the things he's accomplished at work, with local charities, in the Young Men's program and mostly- with our family. 


We also went out to Saltair with Brian and Paige for a picnic. 
Lilly was not a fan of the muddy water and James was not a fan of getting hit in the face with the sprinkler, but oh, those kids fill my heart with happy.








That flash of red hair with the backdrop of the water makes me almost forget how much the place smells like a toilet.

We also did one last Mentos and Diet Coke mess-fest in the front yard and hit Pie Pizzeria before the girls left. They will be out in a few weeks, so it wasn't bad saying 'goodbye' for us. We will see them soon and boy are we going to take New York City by storm.






These women, I will see again on Thursday, that's going to be a tough one, but I guess it's the good kind of tough. I do not know how to say goodbye this time. I'm not willing to let this page turn, even though I know the chapter is ending.

I also know that I should come up with better analogies than these stupid literary ones, but I've been catching up on Glee episodes all day so my brain is garbage.

I did love this and had to download the Gotye album right away. 







2 comments:

Janae' said...

I. Hate. Moving.

Most Happy Girl said...

I saw the girls packing up to leave Sunday evening while I was running around doing YW stuff, and I realized that they were probably taking the last of their stuff from your house up to their mom's. I can't believe it's finally come and you guys are moving. We'll miss you tons. We didn't get a chance to go out for dinner, but we will plan better for your first visit back here.

Love you!
The Merrills