Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Notice!

I woke up this morning and found this:
Before reading it, I glanced out into the yard and saw this:

 "Oh no, what has happened?" I thought.
Does the city need to fix whatever is wrong with the street RIGHT NOW as we are about to load the giant semi truck in our front yard?
Then I took a closer look and realized we'd been pranked by some of our besties in the ward.

The note on our door read:

And I smiled and started to cry.
Our cars were roped in so we couldn't move and it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
The house is packed up, we're squished into this crappy hotel and we've got a day of deep cleaning and then we flap our wings and fly away.

This blog is going to fly away, too.
This blog is going to be published.
And I think when one ends a chapter, they need to start a new one, not keep tacking on footnotes at the end of the old one.
I've still got graphics to work out, but it's coming.
A whole mess of new.

Those who want to follow will be just as bored at the new blog and I'm happy to share the new address when it's ready...privately.
This blog is lovely but I have some trolls who read my posts and then tell themselves that they have active relationships wih me.
Active and toxic, apparently.
I want the peace of knowing these people are not looking at pictures of my children and reading the inane things I do and using it as a reason to do ugly things.
SO, I'm saying goodbye to Salt Lake City Utah and I'm saying goodbye to the three women that can't seem to quit coming here and using my words like kindling .


4 comments:

Tina said...

This post almost made me cry too...just the stark difference between those that were so kind to you and those that weren't.
I think you are awesome, Chris. And never, ever boring. Good luck with your move!!

battraws said...

What a touching thing for them to do! Please make sure you include me on your new blog! Love you!

Most Happy Girl said...

Now I feel like a bad, bad friend and neighbor. We never went to dinner. First time you guys are back, you must let us know. We'll grill (steaks this time instead of just burgers and dogs). Please, please, please invite me to your new blog! I can't wait to see what you do to...um...in NJ/NY!

Mindy Andrus said...

We have been blessed with the BEST next door neighbors EVER!!! We will miss you guys! I'm sure your new ward in New Jersey will love you just as much as we did!!! Be sure to send me an invite to your new blog!
Mindy Andrus